If you have logged into your Google Adsense account recently, you will have noticed a message subject which says:
Important: Mobile-friendliness change in Google Search, is your AdSense site ready?
The message reads:
Is your site mobile-friendly? Starting April 21, Google Search will be expanding its use of mobile-friendliness as a ranking signal.
Impact on Search Results
This change will affect mobile searches in all languages worldwide and will have a significant impact in Google Search results.
What this means is all websites (not just Adsense publishers) which are not mobile friendly and responsive to various mobile device sizes, will get penalized during searches from mobile devices.
Test Your Website for Mobile Friendliness
Test to see if your site is responsive and mobile friendly.
- First try the Google Mobile Friendly Test. This tool will simply return a yes or no answer.
- Next you might like to try Responsinator which actually displays your website in various mobile devices.
If you are using any of the latest premium themes such as Divi, or any free WordPress themes such as, Twenty Sixteen, Twenty Fifteen, Twenty Fourteen, or Twenty Thirteen, you should be okay because they are all fully responsive.
Side note: You can download Free WordPress child themes for the above mentioned themes here.
If you are using a Free or premium WordPress theme and if mobile SEO is important to you, you will need to check with the developer if it is responsive and mobile friendly.
- Getting Started with Mobile Friendly Websites
- Mobile SEO Best Practices
- A list of Mobile Friendly Website CMS Software
- Adsense Multi-Screen Starter Guide
- Thesis Responsive WordPress Theme
- Divi Responsive WordPress Theme
The featured stock photo in this post is copyright © mpfphotography – Fotolia.